In the unlikely event that one of our devices is not operating as it should under normal use and service because of a faulty part our 6 month warranty will cover your devide for it to be repaired or replaced if need be. Replacement phones will be issued as the same model and condition of the original handset.
Should for some reason there be a change of model during this process this will be agreed by both parties before hand.
We do our best to process returns as quickly possible as we know what it is like being stuck without a phone.
What is not covered?
Our warranty period IS NOT an insurance police and if we find any fault that is a result of an accident, water damage or any misues then the warranty will be void and we will send the device back to you. Please note that batteries are only covered under a 90 day warranty due to the nature of them as batteries can be drained by poor quality charging accessories and many partial charges.
We do not cover defects and/or damage resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the equipment, including battery deterioration.
- Any disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications carried out by anyone other than refurbishediphones.ie.
- Misuse, abuse, negligence or an accident howsoever caused.
- Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the product.
- This warranty will not be available: a) if the serial number or warranty seal on the product is illegible, has been defaced or removed; or, b) without any proof of purchase.
- We do not cover any phones for water damage; this includes phones which were rated as waterproof/water resistant when new. This is due to the rubber seals/waterproofing degrading over time and as a result we cannot guarantee that a second-hand phone’s seal will still be intact.
We are not responsible for any damages related to you or your business as a result of a faulty device been detected.
Any attempt to repair the phone except agreed with us before hand will also void the warranty period.
What must you do?
All faults must be reported as soon as they are discovered as continued usage of the phone can lead to more damage. If we find it is a long term fault this can also void the warranty if not reported in a timely manner.
How to return a device:
Handsets must be returned to us without any security measures (for example, passwords, passcodes) in place which would prevent our engineers from completing a full assessment and factory reset. Handsets returned to us with a security measure in place will be subject to extensive delays.
If removal is not possible on the device, then we require this information to be included on the returns form or via an email to email@example.com in order to process the return fully and to action a remote removal.
The handset not have any passcodes or locking systems in place and must be returned to us without the following:
- Sim cards
- Memory cards
- Other accessories
We do not under any circumstances provide any kind of guarantee for data loss and all returns will be factory reset and wiped. We do advise that backups of the phone’s data are taken at regular intervals.
The handset must be returned to us on or before the date the warranty period expires, outside of this period it will be deemed as out of warranty and returned to you subject to the relevant fees.
Please ensure that the refurbished iPhone is packaged safely and in accordance with the courier’s guidelines before sending it to us, please retain your proof of postage and tracking number.
You are responsible for the handset until we accept delivery.
No Fault Found
Once the device is received it will be processed by our supplier through very stringiest testing methods. If they find that no fault is found in the device is found to be not faulty the device will be shipped back to the customer.
Should we deem a warranty return to be fully working, then this handset will be returned to you providing payment of the relevant fees is made within the required time frame.
If we are unable to reach you with regards to either further information we require or in the case of returns, in order to obtain the associated return fees then your return will be retained by us for a period of 30 days. If this period elapses, then the returned item will be disposed of and any return or warranty policies void.
- We reserve the right to take such action as we think appropriate in the event that you breach this policy. If we do not exercise a right available to us under this policy, this does not constitute a waiver of our rights.
- If any term of this policy is held invalid, void or unenforceable by a court or regulator, that term will be severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms of this policy.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer this policy or any rights or obligations under it without our prior written consent. We may assign or transfer this policy, or any rights or obligations under it, on reasonable notice to you.
- All replaced defective products, parts, boards or equipment shall become the property of Second-Hand Phones.com
- The warranty period commences from the date of purchase once it has been activated and runs without delay from this period. Under no circumstances can a warranty be delayed, extended or renewed.
- The warranty period does not restart should a repair be effected or warranty replacement issued.